Zespół klasztorny sióstr serafitek z kościołem Matki Bożej Bolesnej Oświęcim
Monastery Complex of the Sisters of Our Lady of Sorrows in Oświęcim
It is a small building in the neo-Gothic style, made of unclad brick, with a nave and a narrower and lower presbytery closed with a apse.
The church interior has a ribbed vault. The neo-Gothic main altar, the pulpit and benches were built in the late 19th century. The side altars with paintings of St. Francis of Assisi and St. Anthony of Padua, the sculpture of Pieta, the confessional and the chandelier date back to the early years of the 20th century. During World War II, the church was partly destroyed. It was restored after the war, and a figure of Our Immaculate Lady was placed in front it in 1947. The oldest monastery building in the neoclassicist style is currently connected to the church through the ground-floor batten plate. The second building in the identical style was erected in the 1950s. On the monastery premises, there is also an art nouveau & modernistic building of Caritas erected in the years 1905-1910 and two kindergarten buildings dating back to the 1930s. The buildings of the Congregation of the Sisters of Our Lady of Sorrows are surrounded with a monastery garden and an orchard. A fragment of the tomb of the Mother Foundress Maria Małgorzata Szewczyk is situated inside the Church of Our Lady of Sorrows. In the Mother House of the Congregation, there is the Museum of the Blessed Mother Małgorzata Szewczyk.